The content on this page and other DBCDE document archive pages is provided to assist research and may contain references to activities or policies that have no current application. See the full archive disclaimer.
The Convergence Review was an independent review established by the Australian Government to examine the policy and regulatory frameworks that apply to the converged media and communications landscape in Australia.
The Convergence Review Committee was chaired by Glen Boreham with Malcolm Long and Louise McElvogue as committee members. The committee handed its final report to government on 30 March 2012.
On this page:
- Convergence Review Final Report
- Previous Convergence Review papers
- Inputs to the Convergence Review
- Committee members
- Convergence questions and answers
Convergence Review Final Report
On 30 April 2012, the government released the Convergence Review Final Report. The report sets out the committee's vision for fundamental change to the regulatory framework of Australia's digital economy, and identifies key areas for reform.
View executive summary:
Convergence Review Final Report Executive Summary (PDF, 231.1 KB) | (DOC, 491 KB)
Previous Convergence Review papers
Over the course of the Review, the Convergence Review Committee released a range of discussion papers to address issues relating to convergence and to discuss options for consideration by the committee and stakeholders. On 15 December 2011 the committee released its Interim Report with a vision for fundamental change to the regulatory framework of Australia's digital economy, and identifies key areas for reform.
- Interim Report (PDF, 636.1 KB)
- Interim Report (RTF, 245.4 KB)
- Detailed discussion papers
- Emerging Issues paper (PDF, 706.5 KB)
- Emerging Issues paper (RTF, 3.0 MB)
- Framing Paper (PDF, 990.4 KB)
- Framing Paper (RTF,1.4 MB)
In December 2010 the government released draft Terms of Reference for the review with an accompanying background paper for public comment.
Inputs to the Convergence Review
The call for submissions on the Convergence Review has closed. To see the submissions received in response to each of the submission processes, follow these links:
- Submissions received on the Interim Report
- Submissions received in response to the open call for submissions
- Submissions received on the Framing Paper
- Submissions received on the draft Terms of Reference
- Convergence Review research reports
Find out about the Convergence Review Committee members: Glen Boreham, Malcolm Long and Louise McElvogue.
- Committee members
- Media release: Convergence Review Committee finalised
- Media release: Convergence Review Committee Chair announced
Convergence questions and answers
Find answers to any further queries you have about convergence and the purpose of the review.
Document ID: 131612 | Last modified: 6 August 2013, 3:02pm